Lorain County Public Health is seeking to hire a full-time RN to function as a public health nurse. Primary duties will be within the Children with Medical Handicaps (CMH) program. The RN will function within the scope of nursing under the direction of the CMH supervisor.
1. Provide case management and care coordination for families of children with medical needs.
2. Coordinate with families and medical providers and develop individualized plans of care.
3. Provide families with assessment and education through home visits or virtual visits.
4. Identify and link families to appropriate wrap-around services.
5. Coordinate with community agencies to implement programs that prevent Substance Use Disorder (SUD) and Childhood ACE’s (Adverse Childhood Experiences).
6. Other Public Health Nurse duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with three (3) years of nursing experience preferred.
Must have clear oral and written communication skills, Spanish speaking preferred. Competent in computer skills.
Must be a licensed registered nurse pursuant to Section 4723.13 of the Revised Code. Must have a valid Ohio driver's license with ongoing proof of auto insurance and be able to travel with reliable transportation. Current CPR certification. Must have proof of and maintain up-to-date vaccinations for healthcare providers or be in the process of completing.
This is a full-time (40 hours/5 days per week) position with usual hours M-F 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with occasional evenings and weekends.
Physical Requirements and Unusual Working Conditions: Must be able to wear PPE, including a face mask and face shield, when required. Be able to lift objects of weight up to forty (40) pounds. May encounter unsanitary working conditions; requires travel.
COMPENSATION: Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Ohio Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS). Paid vacation, personal day, holidays, and sick leave. Tuition reimbursement is available.
SALARY: $28.88 - $36.85/hr.