COVID-19 CONTACT TRACER Seasonal Employee
This seasonal position is your opportunity to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Working with Lorain County Public Health you will gather critical information from Lorain County residents diagnosed with COVID-19 by identifying and calling their contacts.
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed cases
- Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner
- Collect and record information on symptoms into a database
- Provide contacts with approved information about Ohio quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to the protocol
- Follow a script to inform contacts about the importance of quarantine and what to do if symptoms develop
- Use a telephone, computer and electronic equipment to capture data
- Maintain daily contact with supervisor
- Other duties as assigned.
MAJOR WORK CHARACTERISTICS
- Outstanding communications, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to show empathy and patience to distressed individuals
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Critical thinking and sound judgment
- Aptitude to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers
Experience in public health, medical, or related field. Interviewing technique skills. Lorain County resident preferred and familiarity with Lorain County geography.
Compensation: This is a seasonal position. No benefits are assigned. Salary $15.00 per hour.
Deadline to apply: This is a continuous posting that will remain open until no longer needed.
Contact information: Apply online at https://employment.loraincountyhealth.com/. For general questions call Michelle Crossan, Human Resource Specialist at 440.284.6173.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F